Friday, December 20, 2013

Friday Spotlight: THE KITE PRINCESS





I like books that show an alternative view of princesses. That is why I am especially fond of THE KITE PRINCESS.  Princess Cinnamon Stitch is not your average princess. She is a bit of a tomboy and has not desire to be the kind of princess that her parents would like her to be.  Instead of standing around looking pretty, she wants to turn cartwheels through puddles and dance with alley cats.

One day, Cinnamon starts working a special project. Her parents think she is finally settling down and working on a special outfit.  Instead, she creates a giant kite that carries her around the kingdom.  When her parents see how joyful it is, they decide that maybe they need kites of their own.

The family lives happily ever after flying around with their kites. 

An added bonus for this book is a CD with the story read by one of my favorite actresses, Imelda Staunton.

I think this book would make a terrific gift paired with a kite or kite-making kit.

Ages 3 to 8 years
Written by Juliet Clare Bell
Illustrated by Laura-Kate Chapman
Narrated by Imelda Staunton
Hardcover with Story CD $16.99

Buy this book here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing what you think! Any comments with embedded links will be automatically removed unless left by a legitimate blogger. I do not wish for the comments section of my blog to be used for marketing purposes. I also do not accept Anonymous comments. Thank you for understanding!!!